Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Big News x2

Well it's been way too long since I have posted on my blog, but needless to say things are pretty crazy around here! (one problem might be that my computer crashed and so I only have Johnny's computer when he's home but when he is home I don't really wanna be sitting on the computer) Anyways...... I'll just get to the point......

Big News #1 - We are moving to Sapulpa, OK! For several months now we have been talking to this fabulous church (First Baptist Sapulpa) and after months of prayer and seeking the Lord for direction, we have taken the job there (youth pastor). So, this Sunday Johnny and I will go in view of a call and then we will be there 2 weeks later. We have already found a home there, so the Lord is already working things out for this quick change. Our home is currently for sale and we are praying it sells very quickly. So please be praying for us during this process and this move because it is going to be especially hard now because......

Big News #2 - WE ARE PREGNANT!!! To be completely honest this came as a complete shock, but are very grateful for the Lord blessing us once again. When we were making this decision the one thing I said to Johnny was that I was so grateful I wasn't going to be pregnant while we were moving and getting adjusted to living somewhere else. So I am now extremely nervous about going through this already emotional move when I am even more of an emotional/sick train wreck :) (Johnny will need extra prayers if you think about it)

So I might not understand the Lord's timing on all this because I don't think overwhelmed even begins to describe how I feel, but we are excited to see what the Lord has in store. And hopefully I won't let my emotions and my selfishness get in the way of the Lord showing Himself to others through our family as we embark on this new journey. We would be so grateful for your prayers during this time!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

5 comments:

  1. So very exciting! Truly happy for this adventure you are embarking on. The Lord will have much opportunity to show himself strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heather! I am sure you are stressed, but God is faithful. I will be thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your blog this morning the verse that came immediately to my mind is from Ps. and it says, "When my heart is overwhelmed within me, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

    Chris and I are excited for you guys. I have loved hearing Johnny speak & I always learn so much so I am going to miss that. I also am sad for Kaityn. She is starting to talk about her friend Addie. I am praying for you specifically during this move that God would show His strength through you.

    Look at the bright side...at least your baby was not 2 wks. old like Kaityn was when we moved. Now that was a NIGHTMARE and we only moved a few miles.

    Hope you enjoy your week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for ya'll! God doesn't ever give you what you can't handle. You guys are such great parents & I am very blessed to have ya'll as friends. I was talking to Crystal earlier today and we have got to get all of us girls together soon. Dinner & Movie! =)

    I will be praying for you all & I hope you have a wonderful week! Love you & Miss you tons

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you! I know your parents and had Cass in class when I taught at CHA. Such a great family you have! We are homeschooling now, but your mom mentioned the blog so I thought I would check it out. Your girls are so beautiful! Great blog you have, girl! I wish I had thought to blog when my kids were so small. Now they are big and they can read the blog, so I have to be careful what I put on there! HA! Enjoy your day and your sweet little girls and your time being pregnant, it just goes so fast. Sumer Curry

    ReplyDelete

Our Girls

Our Girls
Addie and Haylie