Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Addie's New Bed




Just writing this story makes me wanna cry because it reminds me that my baby girl is getting older! Last week Johnny and I were sitting in the living room watching a movie after we had put the girls down for the night. Addie had been crying for a little while (which is not unusual for her) but we just let her cry. All of a sudden the crying stopped and next thing we know Addie is walking into the living room!!! Somehow she had climbed out of her bed! I was devastated!




Now, I can no longer put her in her crib to play while I got a few things done!! I have lost some of my freedom. We knew it would be long nights for awhile until she learned to stay in her bed. So, we put off getting her a bed for a few days. When we finally decided to get one, my parents remembered that they still had my sisters old dollhouse bed. Praise the Lord!!!! We didn't have to spend money on that!! When we got there to pick it up, my mom had found all the Pottery Barn bedding that went with it (that would be my favorite store even though I dont own anything from there because we cant afford it) Hallelujah!!!! We got everything for Addie's new room free!!! We were so thankful!




Well, Addie has been in her new bed for 3 days. The first two days were pretty rough, but amazingly last night we put her in bed and she never came out! So we will continue to see how she does....I pray she does well. But my baby girl is no longer a baby!! It makes me so sad! "I not a baby mommy, I a big girl, Haylie is a baby, not me" As Addie tells me...although we still cant get rid of that darn passy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Girls

Our Girls
Addie and Haylie