Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Bittersweet Weekend to Come

This weekend I am headed to good ol' Dallas, Texas for my sister Cassidy's NCA Cheerleading Competition. She cheers for Twist n Shout in Edmond. My mom and my other sister Krista are also going. So, its our girls weekend full of Shopping, Cheerleading, good meals, and the best part...great talks!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it, but at the same time I am very sad and nervous! It's the craziest thing! I have left Addie twice before and Haylie once and each time they were not my choice and I abolutely hated it! Addie was away from me two nights when I had Haylie and then we left both of them a few weeks ago with my mom to see Johnnys grandma before she passed away. When we left we were only planning on spending the day, but last minute we decided we needed to stay. Once again an extremely hard night for me.

I am one of those people that has to do everything myself and no one else can do it like I do it (at least thats what I tell myself) I worry even if someone will give them the wrong sippy cup when I'm away because there are certain ones they like and ones they don't. So when we leave to go on a date our poor babysitter gets a 20-30 min spill on how everything is to be done lol (even though we use the same babysitter every time) This is one of my favorite things about being a mom, I know every little thing about them! Every little thing they like and every thing they dont.

Johnny is watching the girls this weekend, so of course that means it's his first time with them over night. He will do a great job I have no doubt. But you should see all my lists I have made, all the diaper bags I have packed (just in case he decides to go to several different places) and all the labels I have made. Now as I sit back and look at it, it is pretty rediculous and he will probably never look at any of them, but it makes me feel better. So, if you think about it this weekend, I would definately appreciate your prayers that not only I will survive but that all goes well here at home. Thanks!!! Everyone have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So while I was reading about your many diaper bags you've made and how you have things just a certain way, I was laughing because I think I'll be exactly like that with my kids. I'm already like that now with daily living, so I'm sure it will just multiply then! I'm also glad to hear someone shares in my paranoia. I was talking to my Mom about it tonight and she said as she got older the paranoia just is refocused (what if a bad person gets my kid). It doesn't sound better, but it changes. But for now, I just stick with the constant calling and texting to make sure Josh is ok at all times. ;) Thanks also for the house encouragement! I'll pray for you now about your weekend and throughout the weekend as I remember! I hope you have fun with your Mom and sisters and that your family reunion when you come home is extra fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the days of Dalls NCA Cheerleading. Can't say I miss those days of walking through clouds of hairspray and chipping off eye make up and glitter for three days. Hope you guys have fun. Wish the weather could have been better for your stay in DFW!

    ReplyDelete

Our Girls

Our Girls
Addie and Haylie