Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Sweet Family

Well Today I woke up pretty sick, so I knew it would be a pretty long day. After Johnny left for work I mustared up every ounce of energy I had to make it to nap time. We had an easy breakfast, got dressed, I put on a roast so I wouldn't have to worry about dinner later, and played for a little bit. (well actually I watched while the girls played)

Finally, NAP TIME! I put both girls down and immediately went and laid down in my very comfy bed. As Im laying there, Addie starts screaming wanting out of her bed. Well so much for my much needed nap. So I went and got her out of bed and thought what to do now. Ding ding ding ding ding....put a movie in on the tv in my room!!! So Addie picked out Cinderella and we both laid in bed while she watched it.

Now here is where the sweetness comes in....as im laying there (im not asleep just in case she got up, but just laying there with my eyes closed) Addie would lean over every few minutes pull the covers up on me more, pat my back, and quietly say "Its ok mommy". I loved it!! Even though I felt awful and all I wanted to do was sleep, I wouldn't have traded those moments for anything! Right before the movie was over Johnny showed up for lunch (praise the Lord)! My sweet husband then fed the girls lunch while I slept. Next thing I know Johnny comes in says the girls are taking their afternoon nap and he was running back to work for a little bit....it was 3:00!!!! My sweet husband had stayed to watch them so I could sleep!!! I was so grateful!! And not just that, they were sleeping again (at least for another two hours!) As soon as they got up, Johnny was home.

So, my day that was going to be miserably long ended up being incredibly short and full of rest. Thank you to my sweet family and especially my wonderful husband for all they did!!!! Needless to say, I feel much better!!!

3 comments:

  1. the life of a mother - always easy. just kidding. Mothers have the toughest job. its funny because only the mothers tell me that. go moms!

    ReplyDelete

Our Girls

Our Girls
Addie and Haylie