Monday, March 30, 2009

A very long week

Last week was a very long week. It was one of those weeks where I just wanted to sit down and cry by Thursday. Thursday then began start of an even longer weekend! Johnny had the Student Life Conference at our church this weekend, So he was working Thursday Friday and Saturday from 7:30am till usually 11:00pm (Saurday it ended so he got home at 6:30pm). So, they were very long days and we missed Daddy very much!!! But, even though they were tough days, we made it through!

We did have some interesting things happen. As some of you know Addie (who was completely potty trained) decided that she wasn't going to be potty trained anymore. So this weekend we worked very hard to re-learn the process. We haven't gotten there yet but we are getting closer. (if you have any creative ideas, I'd love to hear them)

Haylie has found a huge love for shoes! It's absolutely hilarious! She has to have shoes on all the time and she constantly changes them (well I change them for her) I don't know where her love for shoes came from (well I know its me, but we don't bring that up to her daddy) but I love watching her play with her shoes instead of toys!

Needless to say, we are very glad this weekend is over. I love spending time with my girls but we love when daddy is having fun with us. All I have to say is......60 days till Disney World!!!!!!!! We can hardly wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather. I understand how you feel. There have been days when Chris worked until 7 & I have had it...kids are fun but more fun with help. I'm sure you have heard this before..."goes with the ministry." I remember growing up & my Dad being gone on trips or out late on hospital visits or "ministry" stuff. I don't know how my Mom did it. She made the most of the time & made it fun for us. I'm sure you are the same way. You are such a great Mom & I know your girls know youlove them so much.
    Addie will get the potty training...just be consistent. I'm going to work this spring w/Kaityn on the potty issue...she's ready, I'm not. I'm sure I'm going to need to you to tell me the same thing when I start w/her.
    Haylie & Kaityn will be BFF's if they learn of each other's shoe issue. Kaityn wears shoes ALL day long & it does not matter who's they are...mine, Chris's, brothers, etc. It's so fun. WOW!!! This has gotten long. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Our Girls

Our Girls
Addie and Haylie